Is there a way I could know online if my license is suspended? I live in Texas.
Thank you for asking Andrei.
For you to be able to get your driving record or license status with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) you may be able to order your TX driving record online which will give you an information if your license is suspended.
According to the Department of Public Safety eligible Texas driver license holders may be able to get their own Driver Record online. This may also be requested by mail that will take within 5 business days. System and login determine online eligibility.
Here are the types of records that you may request online:
* Status Record (Type 1): name, date of birth (DOB), license status, and latest address.
* List of All Accidents and Violations in Record (Type 3): name, DOB, license status, list of all accidents and violations in record.
* Certified 3-year History record (Type 2A): certified version of Type 2. This record is not acceptable for Defensive Driving Course (DDC).
* Certified List of All Accidents and Violations in Record (Type 3A): certified version of Type 3. This record is acceptable for Defensive Driving Course (DDC).
* Certified Abstracts of Driving Record (“AOR”): Certified abstract of complete driving record of a license holder.
* 3-year History Record (Type 2): name, DOB, license status, list of accidents and violations in record within past 3-year period.
You may also contact the DPS through their website to get more information.